Cove FM welcomes music submissions for consideration for airplay. We add new music weekly and play music by artists covering many genres of music with a strong focus on music by East Coast and other Canadian musicians . If you would like to send your music to Cove FM please take a moment to read the guidelines below before sending us anything.
- Digital music submissions should be in a lossless format such as wav or flac. This allows both you, and us to sound as good as possible on air. Please don’t convert lossy formats such as mp3 or aac to a lossless format. This defeats the purpose as once the audio quality has been lost, you can’t get it back. We can not consider music submitted in aac, m4a, wma, or mp3.
- Music submissions must contain Canadian content info so we can properly identify songs that qualify as Canadian content. All licensed broadcast radio stations in Canada have to keep track of this. The MAPL system works well for this. If you are not familiar with it, more info can be found here. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/r1.htm
- Please include the artist’s name and song title in the filename. It is surprising how many songs are submitted to us with a file name that doesn’t include who is performing the song. We receive a high volume of music submissions, and not having basic info in the filename can make it difficult for us to determine who the performer is when we are adding it to our library.
- We no longer accept CD’s or any other physical media.
- We can not review music that we have not been provided with a copy of. It is surprising how many people send us youtube or spotify links, or previews links, where we can listen to a song, but not actually download it so it can be played on air. If we don’t have a copy to play on air, we are not going to listen to it.
Music can be submitted by several methods. Most music is sent to us via DMDS, PlayMPE , or Earshot Digital Distribution System. These systems streamline the process for both the music creator and the radio station and allow us to mange submissions in an effective way. If you are not aware of these services, checkout Earshot Digital Distribution. We can provide more info about this if needed.
We will accept emails with download links from Dropbox, Google Drive, and similar cloud storage sites.
We will not accept files attached directly to emails. Due to the large size of lossless files, they don’t usually make it through with the emails and when they do, we will not review them due to security risks associated with opening files from unknown sources.
We will not accept download cards, files on self hosted sites or links to sites like bandcamp, soundcloud, We Transfer, Spotify, Itunes, or youtube. This sites have no method to offer broadcast rights .
Thank you for taking the time to send us your music. We love playing new songs.